Pour the Drinks and Light the Candles: DET is 4 Years Old!

That’s right, gentle readers: another year has come and gone. This blog has been here for four years now. I started it going into my senior MDiv year, and now I’m entering my 4th PhD year. We’ve had some good times: we’ve laughed, we’ve cried, etc. Who knows what the future may bring?

While it is easy to generate content when doing intensive reading, it is a bit harder to do so when doing intensive writing. With dissertation writing in full swing, I am now solidly in the later camp. All my professional attention is directed to one project, and few things catch my interest long enough for me to want to mention them here. So, this next year might be a bit dicey. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

However, there is one flash of light in the darkness – and its quite a big flash at that. Of what do I speak? The 4th annual Karl Barth Blog Conference, of course! This year’s theme – for the umpteenth time – is “Karl Barth in Conversation with…” We’ve got a good set of papers lined up, and some of them have even been turned in already! This year’s blog conference will be far more extensive than any of the previous installations, so stay tuned. I’ll be sure to give you amble warning when dates are finally determined for the blog conference.

Well, that’s enough for now. Thanks for reading DET, and I hope that you find it a helpful and useful sight. Here’s to another year!

*blows out the candles

Comments

Chuck Baclagon said…
Congratulations! Have been following your blog since late 2006, your post about TF Torrance on Evangelism and How to Preach the Gospel got me into his works and even the seminary. Thank you for blogging about things, people and theological issues that weary evangelicals like me are struggling with. Cheers, from Manila =)

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1