My Most Recent Publications

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do one of these posts. They are always fun to write.

*ahem

Anyway, for the one or two of you that might actually care, I’ve brought two more book reviews into the world. They appear in the most recent (January 2013) issue of Reviews in Religion and Theology. It looks like, at least for the time being, this issue is free for folks to access so surf on over and check it out. I’ve been writing for RIRT for a number of years and think it provides an excellent resource. Here is some more information on my two reviews in this issue.

W. Travis McMaken, review of Matthew Levering, Predestination: Biblical and Theological Paths (Oxford, 2011). Click here for the review.

W. Travis McMaken, review of Ronnie L. Littlejohn, Confucianism: An Introduction (I. B. Tauris, 2011). Click here for the review.

Enjoy!


==================================

Comments

Matthew Frost said…
Thanks for the Levering review; that's going on my must-read list.
Kevin Davis said…
Yes, thanks for the Levering review. Interesting to see Boethius and Catherine of Sienna in a survey on predestination. I'll definitely have to check it out.

I read the section on Barth (using Amazon's "search inside") and was not impressed, but I would like to see his treatment of these other figures.
I hope you enjoy the review. Unfortunately, perhaps, for your interests I do not dwell overmuch on his reading of Barth.
Bobby Grow said…
Travis,

Thanks for letting me read the review. I enjoyed Levering's coverage in his book, and it is a must read for the topic.

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1