Meanwhile, back at the ranch…
…or, Something to keep you busy over the weekend…
…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.
Well, it’s been over a month since the last link post, and there have been quite a few goings on. Here’s some of the most exciting stuff (imho) before we get to the link lists.
First, DET contributor Kathryn Heidelberger published a book review on the Center for Barth Studies website: Spencer, Archie J. The Analogy of Faith: The Quest for God’s Speakability . . . Reviewed by Kathryn Bradford Heidelberger. Well done, Kathryn!
Second, the podcast version of my “Why go Barthian?” conversation with Tripp Fuller was published. Access it here, or wherever you download your podcasts. Just remember, this was recorded back in August 2016, and I was already saying that we needed to revive anti-Nazi theology. Tripp, on the other hand, wasn’t so sure…
Third, it’s been a really busy time on Twitter. I created a Twitter moment on Katy Perry’s “Chained to the Rhythm” music video, for instance. And David Congdon, whose name will be exceedingly familiar to any regular DET reader, has also created a number of Twitter moments that are well worth your time:
Perhaps even more exciting, David has started an initiative called #TwitterSeminary! There have been two #TwitterSeminary lectures so far, and one guest lecture by yours truly. David has also created some indices to help with organization. Here’s all the links:
So, yeah, lots of stuff happening. Hopefully you’ve been tracking along with them but, if not, now you can get all caught up.
But wait, there’s more—on to the links! Here’s what we’ve been up to here at DET:
- Roland Boer on Ernst Bloch, Utopia, Revolution, and the Bible (oh, and Star Wars) - McMaken
- Confessions of a Protestant Anglophile - Jackson
- Francis Turretin’s Ecclesiology, 18.11: The Infallibility of the Church - McMaken
- Was Niebuhr a "Real" Theologian? - Jackson
- John Lewis, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and participating in the reality of God becoming real - DeMarco
- Theopolitical reflections on Katy Perry's "Chained to the Rhythm" - McMaken
- Pinnock: Paging Evangelical Inclusivists? - Jackson
- The Theology of the Cross Finds a Way - DeMarco
- Gollwitzer Gold (part 3): Twitter Gleanings Trifecta - McMaken
- What Am I Reading? No Other Name by John Sanders - Jackson
- Francis Turretin’s Ecclesiology, 18.13: Against false marks of the church - McMaken
- If You Died Tonight... Or What Does Salvation Even Mean? - Jackson
And here’s a good back of links from elsewhere around the interwebs:
Happy reading until next time!
Subscribe to Die Evangelischen Theologen