Theopolitical reflections on Katy Perry's "Chained to the Rhythm"

Katy Perry went public with a new music video for her "Chained to the Rhythm" single last week.



I was up late grading when it came across my desk and, never one to waste an opportunity to divert my attention from grading, I proceeded to watch the video. For everything that followed you can blame Katy and co. for this symbolically rich piece of art.

To make a long story short, I sent out a number of tweets on the subject and then gathered them into a "moment," reproduced below.



==================================


Subscribe to Die Evangelischen Theologen

Comments

Popular Posts

Abortion, Authoritarian Self-Deception, Evangelicals, and Trump: a collected Twitter essay from Christopher Stroop

Marilynne Robinson on Theology

Does God "Exist"? Meh. (With Apologies to my Atheist Friends)

Reversing Theology—A Personal Reply to Torres and Roberts, by David Congdon

Ents, Hobbits, and Salvation in the Shadow of Charlottesville: David Roberts on "The God Who Saves"