Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

…or, Something to keep you busy over the weekend…

…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.

Well, not really “fortnight” this time. I intend to do these things every 2 weeks, but there has been a lot of good stuff circulating over the last week so I figured that I’d go ahead and post them.

  • DET, Call for Guest Writers - That’s right, I’m plugging myself first. If you want to write for me, I want to hear from you.
  • “The truth will make you free” - My close friend, colleague, and co-editor (David Congdon) provides an in-depth (make that a very, very in depth) analysis and response to Charles Colson’s recent Christianity Today column. If you or someone you love is an evangelical, you should read this.
  • ”God Loves His Enemies - Another friend of mine and former KBBC participant posts a sermon that references a Far Side cartoon.
  • How to Offer Gluten Free Communion - Another friend (is this starting to sound nepotistic?) and now ordained minister offers advice on the title subject. As someone with a gluten allergy, she knows of what she speaks.
  • Dinner with Travis - Bobby wants to have dinner with me!
  • Grace over Karma - Bono puts on his theologian hat…er…sunglasses.
  • Christian Divorce Myth? - How credible is the claim that being a “real” Christian lowers your chance of divorce? Could it possibly have more to do with having “a happy, bourgeois family lifestyle” than with being Christian?
  • Firefly & Theology - Take me out, to the black, tell them I ain’t comin’ back / Burn the land and boil the sea, or we could talk theology.
  • Evangelicals and Budget Cuts - Yes, I’m sneaking in a little politics…

Comments

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1