Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

…or, Something to keep you busy over the weekend…

…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.

It’s been a busy couple of weeks since the last link round-up here at DET. First, the most local news:

  • Reading Scripture with John Calvin: Malachi 1.1-6 - I’ve resurrected this old series, and will try to make it something of a fixture moving forward. It has always been one of my favorite serial blog undertakings and I’m glad to be back to it (check the serials page for the backlog, which covers all of 1 Peter). Coincidently, however, it seems to be a traffic killer – shame on you all, surfing over when I post on something sexy like Barth and ecumenism, but staying away when I discuss apparently less exciting things like Calvin and Scripture. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
  • There was also that Barth Conference here at PTS recently. I have three posts on the subject, the last of which contains links to posts from other bloggers.
  • But other bloggers have kept blogging about the conference (even after my third post! the gall!), so I better link to some of them as well. I was pleased to meet all three of the following bloggers in person: Matt Frost, Jason Goroncy, and Richard Floyd. Of course, I already knew Nathan Maddox.

Now the less local news (although still encompassing a number of locals):

  • Out of Bounds - As I noted on Thursday, there’s a new collective theology blog on the block.
  • A Few More Doodlings - Kim Fabricius rides again. Here is a taste: “So the former head of the IMF Bank is accused of raping a chamber maid. I blame the corporate culture: the IMF suits have been screwing the poor for years.”
  • Newman, Barth and Natural Theology - An interesting reflection on the title figures and topic.
  • Jason Goroncy publishes a review of Eberhard Busch’s little book, Barth. Here is another.
  • A list of electronic resources on 19th century German theology.
  • The Chronicle of Higher Education has some interesting reflections on ending tenure. This is especially interesting to me since I’m going to teach at an institution that does not give tenure. I’ve been coming around to the idea that this way of doing things has something to offer.
  • What is preaching? - Richard Floyd thinks about this question with Barth.
  • Nathan Maddox writes about Wolfhart Pannenberg’s criticism of Barthian subjectivity. Let’s just say Pannenberg hasn’t convinced me.

Finally, the Melissa Florer-Bixler show:



==================================

Comments

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1