Meanwhile, back at the ranch…
…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.
This is just embarrassing. I need to take that line about a “fortnight” off of my template for this post because it has been a long, long time since I lived up to it. In fact, it has been over a month since the last DET link post! My apologies, gentle readers, for leaving you for so long without both a handy collection of interesting reads with which to while away your weekends (or, let’s be honest, work-weeks), and a convenient index of what we’ve been posting about around here. Fear not! The links you seek draweth nigh.
Here’s what you might have missed around here at DET:
- Reading Scripture with John Calvin: Malachi 3:15–17
- Catch-up on What We’ve Been Reading in 2015
- What Am I Reading? "Evangelical Postcolonial Conversations"
- Freedom, Promise, and a Truly Free Society – Some reflections on Jürgen Moltmann
- What Am I Not Reading? Or...My Annual Post-Yuletide Litany of Self Pity
- What Am I Reading? John Drury on “The Resurrected God”
- DET’s Top 10 Posts of 2015
- What Am I Reading? “Sanctified By Grace”
- "The definitive work on Barth's doctrine of baptism" - David Congdon reviews my "The Sign of the Gospel"
- Amos, Micah, and Isaiah – A word much needed again today
- Evangelical Postcolonial Conversations ~ The Praxis Question
- Reading Scripture with John Calvin: Malachi 3.18–4.2
- That Time When Hunsinger Commended Dutch Neocalvinism
And here are some things that you may have missed across the wider theo-interwebs:
- Exclusive: Wheaton College Faculty Say School ‘Discriminatory’ in Treatment of Tenured Black Professor
- Evangelicals and Evolution: Tearing Down the Wall
- Wheaton Professor Claims White Privilege & Sexism Are Behind Larycia Hawkins Controversy
- Wheaton College Faculty Council Recommends Administration Withdraw Firing Professor
- Have Evangelical Colleges Succumbed to “Theological Paranoia”?
- On believing and confessing the one God, ‘although in different ways’
- Another thing about Wheaton: do Christians and Jews worship the same God?
- Wheaton’s move to fire Larycia Hawkins turning farce into a fiasco. Here are six questions that need to be asked
- The Same God? Larycia Hawkins’ Statement for Wheaton
- Your guide for reading Paul aright in a single sentence (and a word about Barclay’s Paul and the Gift)
- Defining 'Evangelical'
- The Tyrants, the Dealers and the Revolutionaries
- Remembering David Steinmetz's Quest to Free the Church from Amnesia
- Church attendance manual (5): church signs
- Sermon on Jeremiah 33/Luke 21
- How We Theologize Matters: Wheaton College Edition
- Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?
- Pannenberg and Moltmann
- Moltmann God in Creation
- Michael Wyschogrod, Dean of Orthodox Jewish Theologians, Dies at 87
- Confessing Christ, Reading the Bible
- Why America Is Moving Left
- Decoding ISIS – How Salafism, Our Close Relationship to the Saudis, and Middle Eastern Demography Gave Us Perpetual Jihad
- The Politics of Grace—Mark 10:2-16
- Top Ten “Unsystematic Theology” Posts of 2015
- Karl Barth taught us not to use religion to mask the stench of war
- Biblical Archaeology’s Top Ten Discoveries of 2015
- Richard Floyd - My Top Ten Posts from 2015
- Iran's blogfather: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are killing the web
- Hans Küng’s Argument Against Feuerbach’s Atheism
- Fighting for Barth's Doctrine of Creation as Epistemology
- Sermon on Luke 2
- When Hollywood Goes to Church: 18 Stereotypes
- A Lecture From the Lectured
- Episcopal Church suspended from full participation in Anglican Communion