Meanwhile, back at the ranch…
…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.
Things have been busy here at DET since the last link-roundup. And not only here. The theo-blogosphere has been going at a good hum the past month or two, and it is a challenge to keep up with all the good posts out there. Thankfully for you, gentle readers, I have collected some of the good ones and gathered them here for your perusal. But before we get to them, here’s the local stuff.
- The first thing I want to mention is that DET received a link from First Things (see what I did there?), which brought a number of new readers through the site. I hope they / you liked (at least some of) what you saw and will continue to read.
- DET contributor Derek Maris posted about the 2013 AAR SBL ASOR Upper Midwest Regional Meeting
- If you read DET with Google Reader, be sure to read this! Google Reader's Demise
- We have a new Book ‘o the Month: April Book ‘O the Month
- I had some fun on Twitter recently in connection to the Book o’ the Month: Rudolf Bultmann, Poet
But enough about DET. On to the rest!
- The Particularity of God's Knowing
- Heaven is a classroom: Origen's pedagogical theology
- Damnable doodlings
- Paul T Nimmo: Karl Barth and the Eucharist
- How I Would Have Plotted Out “The Bible” Series on the The History Channel Had I Been Asked (and I wasn’t)
- Adjuncting in the Pacific Northwest
- At Home in the Body
- Impressions from Baltimore
- Intro to Brevard Childs
- Review: The Idolatry of God by Peter Rollins (Part 3 of 3)
- Republicans on Diversity and Religion
- Barth, Horton, McCormack, Van Til, Neder: And My ‘Evangelical’ Approach
- Letter to a nun
- Two forthcoming books on PT Forsyth
- God rules the world through wisdom (not power): another note on Origen
- A Word of Wisdom from Bruce L. McCormack: On Universalism and Limited Atonement
- Death Came to the Archbishop
- On Modern Alchemists
- Who Reads This Stuff?
- How Are We All Human? Intellectual Disability and Appeals to Aquinas
- Karl Barth on Palm Sunday
- God is Constantly Coming Out to Us
- Getting Jesus Right: 2 Quick Comments on Week 4 of “The Bible” on the History Channel
- People Have Disliked the Old Testament for a Very Long Time
- Hope Entombed, Hope Unleashed: A Holy Saturday Sermon
- The Truth about Love: A Resurrection Sermon
- Gerhard Lohfink: Does God Need the Church?
- Meeting mystery: an Easter sermon
- The Frankfurt school, part 1: why did Anders Breivik fear them?
- The Frankfurt School, part 2: Negative dialectics
- The gift of heresy
- On Christian Writing and Writers
- Inadequacy and the Theological Task
- Pope Francis on Women and the Resurrection
- Is Evangelicalism a 6th Grade Version of Mature Christianity?