…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.
Ok, so it’s been more like a month since the last installment. The primary reason for that period of blog silence we had in May was - as I noted - that my semester was ending and the task of getting final grades together and helping to graduate a bunch of students (not to mention the year’s end bureaucratic crunch) kept me pretty busy for a while there.
In any case, we’re back to full steam here at DET, and there’s been a decent bit of action since the last link post, and it is all worth checking out if you haven’t done so yet. Here are the links:
- New Center for Barth Studies Book Review
- June Book o' the Month - Michael Welker's “Creation and Reality” - from DET contributing author Derek Maris.
- My Most Recent Publication: “The Sign of the Gospel: Toward an Evangelical Doctrine of Infant Baptism after Karl Barth” - Pre-order my book!
- A Funeral Sermon - from new DET contributing author Henry Coates
“But wait!” – I hear you plead – “What if I’m all caught up on my DET reading? In fact, I’ve read each of those posts multiple times. What else should I read?”
I’m glad you asked! Because I have a huge collection of links for you. Here they are:
- Digging up Footnotes - This post is from Matt Frost and continues his look at Jenson’s article on Barth, “You Wonder Where the Spirit Went”
- On Creation and Killing Canaanites: One Simple, Hardly Worth Mentioning (but I feel that I should) Thought
- Doodlings from the dugout
- James Cone Annihilates the Classical Doctrine of God
- Science, Faith, and Academic Freedom: notes from a conference
- §1.6.4: Faith and the Faithful One
- The Frankfurt school, part 7: what's left?
- Pregnancy, Politics and the Policing of Women's Bodies
- The Death of Truth: Chris Hedges Interviews Julian Assange
- Episcopalians on Science and Faith: gettin’ it done (evangelicals could learn something)
- Hope in the Storm-Tossed Church
- In memoriam Colin Gunton
- God in the Storm
- The Gospel Happens Offstage
- "Modes of Being" and the Threefold Alterity of God - More on Jenson’s article from Matt Frost
- Qui Est Veritas?
- Prophetic Justice and Priestly Purity
- Happy Birthday Karli!
- Our agonizing Bible
- A funeral homily - By Kim Fabricius
- Four Sisters in Ancient Rome - How did the young, wealthy women of Ancient Rome spend their days? Really neat video.
- Oh Happy Day: Mutual delight with God - This is a review of Ellen Charry’s book on happiness, which I have featured here at DET previously.
- The Frankfurt school, part 8: where do we go from here?
- A communion meditation: Our Mother God
- Review: Kelly M. Kapic, A Little Book for New Theologians: Why and How to Study Theology
- All About Eve (and Adam)
- The Bible Isn’t Perfect And It Says So Itself - This argument occurred to me as an undergrad and I still find it convincing.
- Omni Cui Multum Datum Est . . . - Learn something about Brad Littlejohn’s dissertation.
- One Year Blogging Anniversary or What Did I Get Myself Into?
- What's God got to do with it?
Enjoy! Until next time . . .