‘Most Interesting Theologians’ Twitter Bonanza

So there I was. Sitting quietly in my office. Reading classic Chinese philosophy of all things . . . Mengzi, to be exact. Then it happened. I saw an article on “The Most Interesting Theologians in the World”. Here is how that post introduces the concept:

By Annagoldbergww (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0]
(via Wikimedia Commons)
You’re familiar with Dos Equis' "Most Interesting Man in the World." It is said that he once “led a flock of endangered cranes across Siberia on a motorized hang glider.” “When it is raining, it’s because he’s thinking of something sad.” And, “At museums, he’s allowed to touch the art.”

The post went on to provide pictures with clever captions, all trading on the familiar pattern: “I don’t always X, but when I do, I prefer X. Stay X, my friends.”

To put it mildly, this was a meme waiting to happen.

So I did what any sane professor of religion would do. I immediately contacted my friend, colleague, theologically-conjoined twin, and partner in all things nefarious (David Congdon, for those of you who may be new to DET), and showed him the post. He agreed with my conclusion: We must Twitter-bomb this!

So we did.

But then I worried that some of you, gentle readers, may not keep a close enough eye on Twitter to have observed this historic event. So, without further ado, I give you the Congdon & McMaken & Friends “Most Interesting Theologians” Twitter bonanza! (Sorry if this is a bit long, but it's worth it - IMHO...)

-------------------

Updated on May 26, 2016 in honor of John Webster's entry into the church triumphant:


-------------------































































































==================================


Comments

Fred Sanders said…
Clap clap clap clap. Nicely done.
Paul.G said…
Aww , nobody did Milbank. I've been coming up with jokes about "analogical participation" all week.
Unknown said…
I thought about Milbank ones later. Sadly, by that point, the fun was over. So many good options. For example: "I don't always dwell on monstrosity, but when I do, I prefer it to be ontologically peaceful. Stay radical, my friends."
Alvin Kimel said…
My contribution to the fun: John Zizioulas
Anthony said…
So much winning here.

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1