Hiatus

I must offer you all a sincere apology, as this morning I had to make a decision that I wish could have been avoided. Because all of my time has been occupied either with utterly insignificant, banal, menial, and otherwise unworthy assignments imposed upon me by professors and classes from which I have learned absolutely nothing, or it has been occupied by doing research in German theology (that is, theology of a German origin AND as extant only in the German language), I have been unable to keep on top of my self-imposed blogging out-put. Never fear! My current plan is to be back in two weeks or so, running full bore.

Until then, I thought that I would do a copy-cat post. My friend and colleague David over at Fire & Rose recently posted a picture of the book shelf above his computer. I am not blessed with a shelf above my computer, but I do have one in the hallway upon which I keep my “all-stars,” as it were. In other words, this shelf contains the bulk of my research interests, and I thought that I would share it with you. If you cannot quite make out the titles, here they are moving from left to right:
  1. John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, (Battles, McNeil)
  2. John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, 1536. (Battles)
  3. John Calvin, Theological Treatises (LCC), (JKS Reid)
  4. John Calvin, Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, (JKS Reid)
  5. Karl Barth, Theology of John Calvin
  6. Karl Barth, Theology of the Reformed Confessions
  7. Karl Barth, The Teaching of the Church Regarding Baptism
  8. Karl Barth, CD 1.2
  9. Karl Barth, CD 2.1
  10. Karl Barth, CD 2.2
  11. Karl Barth, CD 3.2
  12. Karl Barth, CD 3.3
  13. Karl Barth, CD 3.4, (Note: CBD sent this to me without a dust jacket! They are supposed to be sending one to me, but it’s been a while and I still have not received it…)
  14. Karl Barth, CD 4.1
  15. Karl Barth, CD 4.4
  16. Karl Barth, Letters: 1961-68
  17. Karl Barth, Evangelical Theology: An Introduction, (Note: I just want to say that I think that this volume is the best place to start reading Barth)
  18. Karl Barth, The Christian Life, (Note: For any of you who do not know, this volume is comprised of lecture transcripts from the material surrounding the baptism fragment [CD 4.4]. However, it was not revised by Barth, so while it is valuable, it is only “on the way.”)
  19. T.F. Torrance, The Christian Doctrine of God
  20. T.F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ
  21. T.F. Torrance, Space, Time and Incarnation
  22. T.F. Torrance, Space, Time and Resurrection
  23. T.F. Torrance, Theology in Reconciliation
  24. T.F. Torrance, Theology in Reconstruction
  25. T.F. Torrance, The Trinitarian Faith

Comments

Not having a shelf of such weight above your computer means you're less likely to be pulverized by Barth during an earthquake.

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1